Graduates from the year 1 MRes are expected to proceed onto a 3 year PhD project within the CDT. Ultimately, the majority of graduates from the CDT will likely pursue careers in the mathematical and/or environmental sciences. Depending on the strand followed, the full CDT programme will provide the skills and knowledge base for a wide range of careers including:
- Research and technical posts in mathematical and/or environmental science institutes
- Research posts in mathematical and/or environmental science consultancy firms
- Forecasting and analysis in meteorological consultancies
- Research and forecasting posts in national meteorological services
- Companies involved in scientific computing or data analysis, e.g. geosciences, software development, aerospace, engineering, pharmaceuticals, finance.
- Research work and technical posts in universities